1) Everybody knows thatthere are four seasons in a year and every season is good on its own way withits own charm.
2) Consider autumn forexample.
3) In September andNovember it is still warm and the sun shines brightly in the blue cloudlesssky.
4) But November bringscool winds, nasty and gloomy days.
5) And how nasty coldautumn rain is! Sometimes it rains for hours!
6) Nature is fallingslowly asleep.
7) But there are peoplewho like autumn, they say, it is the time of harvest, golden leaves, it’s thetime when the nature is very attractive.
8) Poets of all nationshave sung autumn as the most beautiful time of the year.
9) “Golden autumn,” theycall it. Golden, indeed. Yet autumn does not appeal to me very much.
10) I like winter much better with its frost and snow.
11) But I should say winter is not very cold in ourplace without awful snowstorms and deep snowdrifts, it is becoming milder dueto the greenhouse effect.
12) Although the average t is -5 C, it sometimesfreezes up to -20 C.
13)We enjoy skating, skiing or tobogganing when thereis much snow, but snowless winters are also possible in Belarus.
14) Then we have the New Year Eve with a lot ofpresents.
15) It’s my favourite holiday and I like it very much.
16) Snow covers the ground from December to March andit seems that winter will never end.
17) But March brings us hopes and nature wakes upafter a long sleep, birds come back from warm countries and everything aroundus promises something new and exiting.
18) I think nobody is sorry when winter is over withits long black nights and the wind howling outside.
19) We suddenly start feeling the new air; we can seethe real beauty around us.
20) Trees burst into leaves, fresh and lovely, the airsmells of young grass and first flowers.
Everything is filled with life pleasures.
21) To my mind, spring is the most marvelous season ofthe year and we often go to the country in order to get in touch with natureand enjoy its beauty.
22) While time goes on spring turns to summer.
23) The great Russian poet A. Pushkin wrote: “Oh,summer fine! I’d love you but for the heat, the mosquitoes and flies!”
24) I share his opinion, but it wouldn’t be fair notto consider the brighter side of the picture.
25) Being on a hot day in a cool river, pickingberries and mushrooms, lying in the sun on the beach…
26) We enjoy every minute of the weather, but the mainthing is certainly having a three-month holiday.
27) In summer we have new meetings, new impressions,merry time.
28) But summer is over and autumn comes and everythingstarts from the very beginning.
29) So to cut the long story short, I must admit thatI couldn’t say what my favourite season is.
30) I like and admire them all because each of them isbeautiful in its own way.
31) Summer is for rest, autumn is romantic anв a bit sad, but it is a good time to think over our life anв ourselves, winter is for work and study, spring is the time to fillin with a new life.
32) I’d like to finish my topic with these lines:
“Man is a fool
When it’s hot, he wants it cool,
When it’s cool, he wants it hot.
He always wants what he has notgot.”
33) So everything is good in its season.