Реферат: Excursion in old Riga



            <img src="/cache/referats/14516/image002.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1025">

<span Flat Brush";color:red">       O

<span Flat Brush"">ldRiga is a pretty famous place in Europe. There are many cafes, bars, andrestaurants, with very friendly atmosphere. This small part of

<span Flat Brush"">the capital of Latvia will excite you with itscharm, hospitality and variety

<span Flat Brush"">of entertainment.

<span Flat Brush"">

<span Flat Brush"">       Our excursion is based on afamous symbol of Old Riga – Three Cocks:

<span Flat Brush";color:black">S

<span Flat Brush"">t.Peter’s Church, The Dome Church and St. Jacob’s Church.At 10:00 our group will start our tour from The Freedom Monument.

<img src="/cache/referats/14516/image004.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1026"><span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:red">T

<span Flat Brush"">he Freedom Monument shows off on Brivibas street. It was built 1931-1935. The Monument of Liberty is an outstanding monument of history, architecture and art. It is a testimony of love and respect of the nation towards its Motherland and Liberty. It is an interesting fact  that the monument was built for the money donated by people.<span Flat Brush"; color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:black">       

<span Flat Brush"; color:red">N<span Flat Brush";color:black">ow we are moving forward to thefirst cock on <span Flat Brush"">Skarnu<span Flat Brush"">street 19 – St. Peter’s Church.                      

<span Flat Brush";color:red">S

<span Flat Brush"">t. Peter’s Church was first mentioned in 1209. From the very beginning it was considered to be the church of Riga’s burgers. The height of  the church tower and the original view has changed many times; it burnt in fire many times, but was always renovated. The present steeple of the church was renovated in 1971.

                                                                                 <img src="/cache/referats/14516/image006.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1027">  <span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:black">    

<span Flat Brush";color:red">A<span Flat Brush"; color:black">fter lifting up  andobserving  the  view from this  highest place of  Old Riga, our group is goingto our next aim, the second cock-<span Flat Brush"">The Dome Church on DomeSquare 1.

<img src="/cache/referats/14516/image008.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1028">

<span Flat Brush";color:red">  T

<span Flat Brush"">he foundation stone of the church was laid in 1211; the   church  was   originally  a  wooden  building.
Riga's first Dome was burnt down in 1215. Due to shortage of well-processed building stone,
already in the 20-s of the 13-th century those, who built the church, resorted to brick construction.
The church was reconstructed and restored many times. In 1776 the spire of the church acquired its
present baroque design. In 1883-1884 in the Dome church there was erected the organ the pride of
Riga's dwellers, which was the world's biggest at the moment of erection.

<span Flat Brush"; color:red">T

<span Flat Brush"">he Riga Castle (Pils square 3). The former fortress of Livonian order’s grandmaster was started to be built in 1330. In 1484 the castle was destroyed, since then the original view of the castle has been changed several times.

<img src="/cache/referats/14516/image010.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1029">

<span Flat Brush"">After several reconstructions the castle lost its medieval character to a considerable extent. In the times of Latvian independent State the castle was transformed into the State president’s residence and representation building. In 1938 the Three Star tower was erected in accordance with architect E. Laube’s project.

        <span Flat Brush"; color:red">O

<span Flat Brush";color:black">ur next stop is the Riga Castle,the Latvian President’s residence.

<span Flat Brush";color:black"> 

<span Flat Brush";color:red">        A

<span Flat Brush";color:black">fter that we are going to see thebuilding that will make you smile — <span Flat Brush"">Maza<span Flat Brush"">Pils street 17; 19; 21.

<span Flat Brush"; color:red">T

<span Flat Brush";color:black">hree<span Flat Brush""> medieval dwelling houses. The oldest building is by number 17, it was built between 15-16 centuries, and it is considered the oldest dwelling house in Riga, remaining intact to the present day. After  World War II the houses were restored and named ‘’Three Brothers’’.

<img src="/cache/referats/14516/image012.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1030"><span Flat Brush";color:black">

<img src="/cache/referats/14516/image014.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1031"><span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:red">N

<span Flat Brush";color:black">ot far from that place is our last required observing object – third Cock – St. Jacob’s Church witch was f<span Flat Brush"">irst mentioned in 1226. Altar part is all what was preserved from the original building in quite a good state. In the 15-th century the church was reconstructed to a considerable extent. In 1480 the church obtained the clock-chime. To hear it better the clock-chime was placed in church’s middle part outside the spire covered by a small roof. The church acquired its present view after reconstruction in 1756.

<span Flat Brush";color:black"> 

<span Flat Brush"; color:red">A<span Flat Brush";color:black">t 15:00 we will have an Italiandinner at restaurant “Monterosso”.     

<img src="/cache/referats/14516/image016.jpg" v:shapes="_x0000_i1032"><span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush"">We hope you are enjoying pastime

<span Flat Brush"">in Riga.

<span Flat Brush";color:black">

<span Flat Brush";color:black"> 

еще рефераты
Еще работы по иностранным языкам. экскурсиям и туризму